Saturday, February 2, 2008

Tech Utilities

The following is a list of Tools that will assist in using some of the more advanced features of Web 2.0. All are available through Majorgeeks.com they contain no software bugs, are Freeware and virus free.

Cute PDF Writer 2.7

http://majorgeeks.com/CutePDF_Writer_d5409.html

This program creates a PDF printer driver so you can easily convert any file to PDF by simply printing it! A great way to secure documents and ensure students get the information as you want them to!

MP3 Direct Cut 2.07

http://majorgeeks.com/mp3DirectCut_d4668.html

This program allows you edit (cut/copy/paste) MP3 files. Fantastic for editing mp3 files for audiocasting.

Super 2007 Build 24

http://majorgeeks.com/Super_d5117.html

A awesome audio video file converter. Allows you to convert and audio/video files from and too any format. Great for compressing audio/video or changing to more compatible formats.

Resize It 2.1

http://mac.majorgeeks.com/download6239.html

A basic program for shrinking jpeg files. Helps you meet the maximum upload size for large jpeg images.

Cam Studio 2.5 Beta 1

http://majorgeeks.com/CamStudio_d4646.html

A basic program that records 'on monitor' activity to AVI.

To explain how you use these I will explain how I produced the "How To Format Blogs" video in about 45min.

  1. Record actions onscreen using Cam Studio
  2. Watch video and record voice over with mp3 player/recorder
  3. Edit mp3 with MP3 Direct Cut
  4. Using Windows Movie Maker I joined Audio & Video
  5. Using Super 2007 I converted AVI to MP4 the best format for Youtube
  6. I uploaded the video to http://www.teachertube.com/
  7. Using teachertubes 'Share' capacity I loaded into my Blog!

Once I have done this 4 or 5 times I expect to be able to produce 5min "How to" in about 15 minutes!